Thursday, February 5, 2009

El Ladrón de mi corazón


The matters of the heart dwell in my impregnable daydreams.


The thoughts of you unbraid my obligations


as your smile shadows my lens.


Even the simplicity of your freckled neck captures me


and the curvatures in your strong back and the creases in your kind eyes leave me in awe.


The amplitude of my vesuvian heartbeat when you speak to me


flows into the tale I wish we wove.


But, alas, I am but a mere speck of dust


evanescing into the crowd of faces who wish to be yours.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This is really good, Katy! I really like the detail because what woman doesn't pay attention to the oh so beautiful build of a man's back, and the eye creases--so nice. I appreciate this poem! Oh, and ten points for using impregnable. Nice word choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that you got vesuvian in there...I was thinking about that word and how to place it. I agree with Crystal...very good!

    ReplyDelete